• Raising children in affluent America
• Child geniuses: how smart are they?
• Breast feeding vs. the bottle
• How to instill in children a respect for the natural world
• Shy children: causes, concerns, and corrections
• Disciplining children
• Pros & cons of marriage without children
- Frauds & deceptions in the used automobile market
- Would the consumer benefit from the breakup of large corporations?
- How electronic banking affects the consumer
- Financing abuses: common instances, current regulations, and techniques for avoiding misleading & dishonest practices
- Should sex education be taught in school?
- What are human rights?
- Can democracy survive?
- Refute/defend: free enterprise & environmental issues are incompatible
- Substantiate or refute: America recovers from recessions by waging war
- Objections to legalized gambling
- The case for a stronger United Nations
Crime & Criminal Justice
- Police training standards
- Police weaponry
- Mental illness among law enforcement officers and national surveys
- Should prison be abolished?
- Women behind the badge
- Child molesters: detection, prevention, and punishment
- The correlation between education levels and crime
- Preventive measures for common running injuries
- New ways to manage stress
- Problems of health care in rural areas
- Permanent effects of methamphetamines
- Exercise and pregnancy
- Prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States vs. other countries or Idaho
- How the United States controls epidemics
• Changes in the American family since the 1950s
• Sex-role changes in the American family
• Complex problems single parents face
• Teenage suicide and families
• How children view divorce
• Why sibling rivalry develops and how to cure it
• Dealing with Alzheimer’s in the family
- Books that changed my life
- How to teach children manners
- How to flirt
- Advantages of honesty
- Why get married nowadays
- A little learning is a dangerous thing
- Absence makes the heart grow stronger
- Life’s most painful lesson(s)
- The very best way to make fool of yourself
- All’s fair in love and war
- Worst experience I ever had
- The ‘good old days’ weren’t so great
- Information overload
- Refute or substantiate: “By 2050 the world will consist of two cultures—the permanently rich and the permanently poor
- Potential energy sources
- What will be the effects of worldwide overpopulation on the environment?
- Can acts of international terrorism be forecast? How?
- United States’ funding of health care
- Current immigration issues and their possible solutions
- Birth defects and their demographic implications
- Impact of populations on tropical soils
- What are the geographic dimensions of poverty in the United States? Why?
Food & Drink
- A comparison of commercial and homemade baby food. Consider nutritive contents, convenience, additives, and appearance.
- The widespread mechanization of food production has affected food quality. Review some of those changes, both pro and con
- Cooking with solar energy
- Bioengineering and food: what’s ahead
- Are fast foods synonymous with junk food? Evaluate them from a nutritional point of view.
• These ideas come from 10,000 Ideas for Term Papers, Projects, Reports & Speeches. 4th Ed. REFDESK REF LB1047.3 L35 1995. Check Amazon.com for prices of this title in its several editions.