Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let me Google that for you.

I recently asked a friend how he found a particular piece of information, mostly because I am interested in how others find their information--a question of information behavior and information practice. He sent me a link to show exactly how he had googled the information.

Let me Google that for you is a site that allows you to conduct a Google search and share the link to that search with a friend, neighbor, colleague, etc. They even give you the option of sharing the link as a TinyURL. Here's an example of a search on "information literacy." This is the link they gave me: http://tinyurl.com/dje3qh.

Incidentally, I had mentioned that Malad, ID had the largest per capita population of Welsh descendants outside of Wales itself. Wikipedia confirmed this piece of trivia. I found this out a couple of years ago when a friend of mine participated in their Welsh festival, which happens to begin this year on June 30th.

"Sam, Malad Rodeo." Photo by Sherry Robbins. Used with permission.

1 comment:

pro said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.